Some IT leaders are growing weary of the phrase “digital transformation.” True, the term has become broadly used, to the point that it may describe a radical revamp of a business model or just a modest update to a particular process. However, the business needs driving this trend – the need to move faster, to move nimbly, to rethink operating models, to cash into data streams in new ways – are real, challenging, and going nowhere soon. CIOs live digital transformation in many companies day in and day out, and it is demanding work on the levels of both technology and culture. No wonder then, that these IT leaders groan when someone uses the term in a shallow way.
Here at Enterprisers Project, we strive to bring you expert advice for CIOs and senior IT leaders managing digital transformation. To this end, we’ve rounded up some of our recent articles that you may have missed, featuring advice from your peers.
For example, Doug King, CIO of Landauer, shares his experiences working alongside R&D to pursue new products and data-driven options for customers. His IT team has transformed to become true partners with the business, driving innovations and revenue for Landauer, which specializes in radiation science and services.
“What’s exciting for my team is that they are at the heart of developing a new product platform to fulfill our clients’ needs while simultaneously keeping people safe,” Landauer told us. “We’re going out in the field and meeting with clients, talking about what we need to do to change the game, and then partnering with R&D and innovation teams throughout the business to make it happen.”
Delve into wisdom from Landauer and other CIOs in our collection below:
1. How Landauer CIO built a revenue-generating mindset in IT
2. SunTrust CIO's formula for speed relies on cloud, DevOps
3. Increasing IT’s speed: 3 levers CIOs can use
4. Teaching IT to embrace change: 9 execs share advice
5. Matson CIO: The most painful, gut-wrenching part of leading transformation
6. How hybrid cloud aids digital transformation
7. Budgeting smarts for digital transformation: 4 tips
8. Digital transformation: 3 strategies to manage change
9. Digital transformation: 5 principles for the retail industry
10. What absolutely won’t work when it comes to digital transformation
For even more CIO advice, statistics on digital transformation, and resources, see our guide: What is digital transformation?
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Keep up with the latest advice and insights from CIOs and IT leaders.
Also highly recommend Leading Digital: Turning Technology into Business Transformation, by George WestermanDidier BonnetAndrew McAfee.